There are many fields in the digital marketing such as social media marketing, social media optimization, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, content marketing, email marketing, etc. In this article we will talk about the most popular fields of digital marketing.
Let’s jump into the deep:
What is Digital Marketing
Whatever we are promoting through digital channel is called digital marketing. In this digital era, most of the people are using internet as a communication channel. Where buyer and seller are connected using internet is called digital marketing.
Fields of Digital Marketing
There are several digital marketing fields you can work. Here I am talking about the most popular 6 digital marketing fields, pros and cons.
- Search engine optimization
- Social media marketing
- Search engine marketing
- Social media optimization
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
Search Engine Optimization
SEO (search engine optimization) is one of the most popular and effective digital marketing field. In the career prospect SEO professionals are enjoying high demand in the job market. It is also enjoying high priority when marketing professionals are making marketing strategy for a business.
Let’s see some pros and cons of search engine optimization (SEO):
Pros of SEO
There are many pros of SEO and that’s why it is very popular digital marketing fields. Here are some pros:
- SEO helps to develop brand value.
- You will get the highest conversion after getting ranking your keywords on the 1st page of search engines.
- It will increase CTR
- Entrepreneurs can understand online environment after doing SEO of their websites.
- SEO will improve your website’s user experience.
- It will increase sales
- SEO is very cost-effective considering long time marketing strategy.
- SEO professionals are always enjoying high demand in the job market.
Cons of SEO
There are several cons in SEO, that’s why many new entrepreneurs can’t invest on SEO. Let’s see some cons of SEO:
- Takes a long-time for getting results from SEO
- It needs big investment
- Need to update your SEO strategy regularly
- Not very easy to learn SEO
Social Media Marketing
SMM or social media marketing becomes very popular nowadays to the professionals as well as to the entrepreneurs. Here are some Pros of social media marketing:
Pros of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is very popular today. Big corporation to individuals everyone is using social media to promote themselves. Let’s see some pros of social media marketing:
- Very big audience
- Easy to promote
- You can easily set your target audience, geo location, age limit, profession, etc.
- Low cost
- Different types of social platforms
- You will get immediate results
- Very easy to learn
- Social media marketing professionals are enjoying high demand in the job market.
Cons of Social Media Marketing
There are few cons in the social media marketing, such as:
- Anyone can promote anything else in the social media, which has a very bad impact for the society.
- Social media platforms are not very trustworthy.
- It can promote products and services but can’t build brand value
- In the long run, social media marketing is not very cost-effective
Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing (SEM) is another popular digital marketing field. Paid campaign on search engines is called SEM. If you want to get fast results from digital marketing, SEM is one of the best options for you. Here I’m sharing some pros and cons of search engine marketing with you.
Pros of Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing has become very popular as it has many benefits. Here are some pros of SEM:
- SEM is one of the fastest ways to reach your target audience
- You will get Immediate results
- Cost effective for short-term campaign
- Easy to reach promote
- Growing market demand for the professionals
- Entrepreneurs like SEM as it gives immediate results
- Easy to set target audience, geo location, audience age limit, etc.
Cons of Search Engine Marketing
There are several cons in the SEM as like other digital marketing fields. Here I’m sharing some cons of SEM:
- SEM is not very cost effective for long-term digital marketing strategy
- CTR is very low comparing to SEO.
- Not very helpful for developing brand value
- SEM learning is not very easy comparing to social media marketing
- Small mistake can destroy your ads campaign
Social Media Optimization
Social media optimization can give you organic traffic from social platforms. But it needs time comparing to SMM and SEM. Organic traffic is always helpful for building brand value as well as conversion. Here I’m sharing some pros and cons of SMO:
Pros of Social Media Optimization
Social media optimization is a great way to promote your products or services. Here I’m sharing some pros of SMO for you:
- You will reach organically to your audience
- You will get more conversion comparing to SMM
- Very low cost
- Help to create brand value
- Improve your followers organically
Cons of SMO
There are many cons in social media optimization and that is why SMO is not very popular in the digital marketing fields. Let’s see some cons of SMO:
- SMO takes long time for getting results
- Reaching to the target audience is very difficult comparing to SMM, SEO, and SEM.
- It doesn’t work as a short-term marketing strategy
- Difficult to learn SMO
- Not very high demand in the job market
Email marketing is a popular marketing technique in the digital marketing field. There are many reasons most online businesses promoting their products and services through email. Let’s see some pros and cons of email marketing:
Pros of Email Marketing
There are several pros in the email marketing and that is why entrepreneurs and business communities like email marketing. Let’s see some pros:
- You can reach to your target audience through email marketing
- It is cost effective
- High CTR
- Continue and longtime results
- Easy to set-up
Cons of Email Marketing
There are several reasons email marketing is not much popular comparing to SEO, SEM, SMM etc. Let’s see some cons of email marketing:
- Low conversion rate
- Long time process
- Need specialized software for handle big audience
- Many people ignore promotional emails.
- Collecting target audiences’ email is difficult.
Content marketing is a part of digital marketing. But it can’t perform individually. You need other digital marketing fields to promote your content. Content marketing is much effective. Let’s see some pros and cons of content marketing:
Pros of content marketing
There are some reasons content marketing is becoming very popular. Let’s see the reasons:
- You will get high conversion through content marketing
- CTR also very high
- You can use branded content for promoting your products or services through all other digital marketing fields
- It will give you results for long time.
- Various types of content you can create and promote.
- High-demand in the job market.
Cons of content marketing
You should know the cons of content marketing before starting. Let’s see below:
- Creating quality content is very costly
- It can’t perform itself. For content marketing, you need social media, blogs, or ads for promoting content
- Not easy to learn. You should have your own creativity for creating high quality content
- It takes long time to give you a good result. Many people can’t effort this.
In this article, I talked about the most popular fields of digital marketing. I hope, it will help you to find the perfect field for you.